EU Funding for Tourism
The Commission has published a Guide on EU funding for tourism, which provides information on EU funds that are available to private individuals, SMEs, corporations, academic institutions as well as public authorities based in the tourism sector. Those funds are financed by the new budget of the Multiannual Financial Framework (MFF) 2021-2027 and Next Generation EU.
The user-friendly guide contains links to the relevant EU funding programmes as well as respective call for proposals.
“The Tourism ecosystem is among the worst hit by the pandemic. With this new guide, the Commission aims to help people working in the tourism sector, including SMEs to navigate and access the available EU financing. These EU funds will contribute to the tourism industry’s recovery and sustainable and digital transition.” – Commissioner for the Internal Market, Thierry Breton
The following subject matters are targeted for funding opportunities:
• Sustainable tourism
• Research & Innovation
• COVID-19 recovery
• Smart / digital tourism
• Professional skills and mobility of workers
The following EU programmes offer funding in the field of tourism:
• Recovery and Resilience Facility
• European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and Cohesion Fund
• European Social Fund Plus (ESF+)
• European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development (EAFRD)
• European Maritime, Fisheries and Aquaculture Fund (EMFAF)
• LIFE Programme
• Horizon Europe
• Creative Europe Programme
• Just Transition Fund (JTF)
• Digital Europe Programme
• Single Market Programme (SMP)
• Support by the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD)
EU funding news and articles. All new articles in one place!
Do you want to read all the articles ahead ? Subscribe now and receive our online magazine each month!